Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Epcot Food & Wine - Craft Beers
The Craft Beer "destination" is one not to miss. It is indeed Craft Beer, but not necessarily anything special for the true beer geek... the selection is fairly mainstream. At the same time, I'm glad it is a feature and look forward to stopping by each time I loop around the World Showcase Lagoon.
If you plan to attend the festival this year, you will definitely want to wait in line at Craft Beer. Being the resource that I am, here is an overview of the selection (8 beers) this year, followed by a few comments of my own.
1. Abita Purple Haze - If I've had this beer, it's just been a taste. It seems to fruity and sweet for me.
2. Red Hook Pilsner - I read this name and yawned. Sorry, but a Pilsner just isn't exciting to me. Perhaps it is good.
3. Florida Beer Company Devil's Triangle - Drink local! This is an IPA. If nothing else, drink this beer from the selection.
4. Full Sail IPA - This is a decent IPA.
5. Blue Moon Seasonal - I want to try this next time. I believe it is their Harvest Pumpkin Ale. While I feel I've had enough Pumpkin Ales this year, it may be worth trying one more...at least in the Festival environment.
6. Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss - A few years ago I was impressed by Leinenkugel, but it is just too fruity and screams out, "I'm a girlie beer."
7. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - A craft beer staple. How can you ever go wrong with a Sierra Nevada? ...except I find I want something more "special" at an event like this. I can get a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale anytime. I do recommend it if you haven't had it before...a straight up American Pale Ale.
8. Widmer Bros. Rotator IPA Series: Falconer's IPA -This is worth the try as well. I actually had this beer at the Daytona Beerfest the other weekend. It's another good IPA.
While you are here, plan your drinking. Check out more about the breweries too while you are at it. Each are listed on my Craft Breweries page.
Posted by Unknown at 10:30 AM