But some may not know what to get. If you want to impress your friends at a party, you need to bring the right beer. A Newcastle will get yawns, and anything that says "Bud" on it will potentially get you kicked out of the party. If you lack a vast array of beer knowledge, it's ok. Just don't let it show. Here are some tips which will help in your selection process, guaranteed to impress your friends.
- If you see one in a 22oz bottle, or better yet with a cork on the top and it is $15 or more... It's obviously good. Buy it!
- If a beer has an outrageously cool or even sinister looking label on it, it is on the edgy side of the craft beer movement. Buy it!
- If the beer boasts of "triple hopped" and "great pilsner taste". Don't buy it. It is probably closer to flavored water than beer.
- If it has a year on it and says special or limited release, buy it! It may only be there for a few days or even hours. You may be the lucky one to snag that aweome specialty beer that everyone wants. If you find one with 2012 on it, get it. You can say you've "aged" it specially for the occasion.
- If the bottle says "Imperial" anywhere on it. Buy it!
- If it says White Chocolate Moo Hoo on it. Buy it! And give it to me.
There you go. You are well on your way to being the life of the party. ;-)