- 2 Gallons Publix Premium apple juice. (It is important that it is Pasteurized, but you want it 100% juice...no preservatives or other crap.)
- 2 pounds of light brown sugar
- Wine yeast
- Yeast Energizer
- Yeast Nutrient
- 0.5 pounds honey
- Sanitize the 3 gallon carboy
- Open the juice gallons and dump about 1/3 of each into the carboy.
- Add about 1 pount of brown sugar to each of the gallon jugs (with the juice)
- Close the jugs and shake, shake, shake, to dissolve the brown sugar into the juice.
- After dissolved, add to the carboy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the yeast energizer and 1 tablespoon of the yeast nutrient.
- Shake shake shake to aerate and then add the re-hydrated yeast.
- Add airlock and place in cellar temp controlled dark area.
- In 24 hours, repeat step 6.
- When fermentation stops (it aught to be at a quick pace for several days once started) rack to secondary, add 0.5 pounds honey and aerate again.
- Upon completion of secondary fermentation, keg or bottle, adding priming sugar as necessary (2 ounces should suffice).
With a week remaining in secondary, we may add 1 pound of blueberries to it.
This is in progress now, so the results are pending. Stay tuned... Later this week we'll review the cyser recipe, along with the knowledge gained through a Twitter friend.