What are you brewing this weekend? Or, what have you brewed for the holiday season?
Me? I have several things in process.
- Apotheosis Porter (all grain version): It has been bottled about a month now, and I'm hoping the flavors to really mature over the next seversl weeks.
- Severus Strong Ale: Bottled this week. It may be ready for the first try by Christmas. This is another one that will improve with age.
- Dunerbrew Stout: In primary fermentation at this time. This was brewed two weeks ago. I may rack to secondary this weekend, or may just leave in primary for another week before bottling.
- Cider: This has been a work in progress since before Thanksgiving. It has continued to ferment, though slow. I'm waiting for terminal gravity before bottling, and it may be close. Possibly bottle-ready this weekend.
- Mead: My first attempt at a mead, a single gallon batch. This will be ready to test the gravity soon, and possibly rack to a new carboy. Ready for Christmas 2013, or 2014.
Whether you will brew or not this holiday season, I wish you happy drinking and a most happy Christmas. The time goes by quickly... enjoy every moment you can.